Skip to main content

Renaissance Man (Week 20)

皆さんこんにちは! Another great week in Japan! This past week we had my first Zone Conference, and it was great! A lot is about to change in the everyday life of a missionary including daily schedule and reporting stats. More info on that soon to come! This past zone meeting happened to be the last for three missionaries in the Fujisawa zone including one of our zone leaders, Elder Leach, who is from Texas. Because this is their last, they were asked to bear a final testimony before going
home. Elder Leach's testimony was particularly inspiring to me. He talked a little bit about becoming a "Renaissance Man". He said a Renaissance Man is basically a Jack of all Trades, and in order to
become a Renaissance Man, Elder Leach would talk to everyone and learn something from every person. He said that when he was younger, he devised a plan for his life and how he would become a Renaissance Man; college, career, wife, how many kids, vehicle, retirement, everything. When he was called to Japan he was excited about learning Japanese and the career options that would open up. He said that his reason for serving a mission wasn't the best reason, but it was good enough to
get him out here. He said that as he has served and learned, he realized that Christ was nowhere in his plan and as he has been away from everything his plan has crumbled to the ground. I think there is
an important lesson to be learned there. He says now that he has reached the end of his mission and is about to return home, he still doesn't really know what he will do, but he does know that Christ will
be the center. Elder Leach's testimony was truly one of the most amazing I have heard. I know that I have received some revelation and new insights from it, and I hope that you can receive some as well
from my condensed version in this email.

We don't have much time to write today so I apologize for the short email, but don't worry! You haven't missed much. Just hours and hours of working our hardest to bring others unto Christ. I am beyond grateful for this opportunity and I am beyond grateful for my friends and family back home. Keep being amazing! 皆さん愛しています!

サドラー 長老

Our Indo Curry Homies! We are regulars there, we don't even have to
order anymore for them to know what we want, lol


Doing Language study right


Beach Dendo


The best American diner in all of Japan


Shokuji with Taguchi Kazoku


Shokuji with Fujiwara Kazoku


Haircut - Before & After Pictures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...