Skip to main content

Little America (Week 24)

Another week of miracles in Japan! Not much time to write today, but that's okay because everything eventful that happened this week, happened within a span of like 2 days. So I'll get right to the point.
Monday through Thursday was spent doing a lot of streeting and a lot of housing. On Thursday, we had zone meeting. It went really well. I was able to learn a lot and receive some personal revelation for myself as a missionary. Directly after zone meeting, Elder Duke and I got the opportunity to go on splits with the zone leaders, Elder Carrasco (from Mexico) and Elder Gonzales (from Columbia). The cool part is that our zone leaders just so happen to be in the Fussa area (basically tiny America) which is where the Fussa Air Force base is, so we got to talk to a lot of Americans. All of them were also in the Air Force so it was a way cool experience. I hope I will be able to serve in that area one day down the road. Anyway, I will move on to one of the miracles we saw while I was with Elder Carrasco. So we were heading home at like 8:30 on Thursday night and we said hello to one
guy on the side of the street. He said hello back and we asked if he was out for a walk. He said he was currently working and pointed to the sign above his head. Turns out he was a bouncer standing outside the front door of a club lol. Long story short, we talked to him and he's coming to church on Sunday! Immediately after that, we were once again heading back and said hello to one last guy on the other side of the street. He said he just got off work and asked if we knew anywhere good to eat. We said there was a really good Mexican place just down the block and he invited us to go eat with him. So of course, we were like yea! Let's go! So we ate some real Mexican food (very rare in
Japan) and taught him a lesson over dinner. It was way awesome! 9pm rolls around and we realize we gotta go so we get up and put on our Jackets and by that time, he had already paid for our dinner.
Miracles left and right! Anyway, we trade contact info, set up next appointment, and invite him to church. He was way down to learn more. Awesome!

That's about it for this week. God's hand is in every aspect of our lives, we just gotta look for it! Everyone out there reading this email, keep being awesome! Look for God's hand in your life. I promise it's there. Until next week, 愛しています!

サドラー 長老


Musashino South Zone Meeting (with lunch made by the Morgans)
Zone P-Day

 "Okay let's take a funny one!", "wait, the last one wasn't funny?"

Everyone loves a selfie

What's better than one selfie? Two selfies!

Beautiful Thunderbird I found in Fussa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...