Skip to main content

Transfer 3πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅πŸŒ‹ (Week 21)

ηš†γ•γ‚“γ“γ‚“γ«γ‘γ―! Hope everyone had a great week this past week. This week has definitely been one of change for me and all the other missionaries out there in the world. But, I will start from the beginning. This past week, Elder Dowdle and I haven't had much time to do any dendo (finding/making contacts), but that's okay because all that time was filled with lessons. Some fell through, some went really well! The whole nine yards. One of those that went really well was a guy named Mitsuru san. He is in his 30s but looks about 19 with his pants all saggy and his hat turned sideways, lol. He's a homie. Anyway, we gave him a tour of the church and taught him about who God is and how we can talk to God through prayer. He thought everything was way awesome, especially the baptismal font, the chapel, and the fact that God is our Heavenly Father. Total 金人 (literally means gold person, but missionaries use it for golden investigators - someone who is prepared to accept the gospel). Way cool guy. In the little bit of dendo time we did have, we found 5 new investigators, a few of which look very promising. I can officially say I've left Fujisawa better than I found it, because last Saturday I got the news that I am being transferred! It's a pretty big deal when you are a missionary.  Transfers are this Thursday and I will be transferring to Kunitachi and my new companion will be Elder Duke. I am excited for the transfer, but not excited for the packing. It's gonna be rough. Also, new missionary schedule went into effect for Tokyo South today. Basically our schedules have become a lot more flexible. We can rearrange our study schedule for pretty much however we want throughout the day but it has to include 1 hour of personal study,
30min-1hr of companionship study, and 1 hour of language study. P-days are the best though. Only 30 minutes of personal study then we are free for whatever the rest of the day. Awesome! They said the purpose of the new schedule change is to allow missionaries to use their agency to be more effective missionaries. But yea, that's pretty much how this week went. Good stuff.

Big shout out to everyone at home for making this mission experience possible for me. I have learned and grown beyond what I could have ever imagined. The Lord truly does humble his servants. I find a new weakness in myself everyday. Through those experiences I have learned how much I really have to rely on the Lord. There is no way I could do any of this by myself, and because of that, I am able to see the hand of the Lord in my life everyday. It is a difficult thing to express in words, but it is truly an amazing process. Take a minute to sit back and think about everything God has given you in this life. Literally everything we have comes from him. Since this is the case, what can we possibly give in return for everything? The answer is simple: our agency. Our agency is the only thing we have that is truly ours, and when we chose to devote our agency to God, we will see miracles
everyday. I can promise you that is true. I see it everyday as a missionary who has devoted every day of my life for the next two years to the service of God.

Hope everyone has a great week! I will let you all know how transfers go next week! Thanks for the emails, I love hearing from home! Everyone keep up the good work and keep being awesome! ηš†γ•γ‚“ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™!

ァドラー 長老


Home Made Steak For Dinner!
Sports Night


A More Fun Version of Sports Night!


Last Shokuji with the Best Family in Fujisawa


Daft Punk Missionaries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...