Skip to main content

Plainer than white bread πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅⛩ (Week 86)

γŠγ―γ‚ˆγ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™! Hope everyone had a great week! Things haven’t been too interesting over here in this side of the world recently. I think that leadership has two sides to it: a ministering side and an administering side. Elder Jaeckel and I have definitely been able to see the importance of the administrative side this past week. With the beginning of a new transfer, zone conference coming up this week, and the various other leadership meetings we attend, needless to say, things have been pretty busy. Despite all those things though, we have been blessed to be able to get out and see the beauty of the Lord’s vineyard.

To start with, we’ve been able to talk to tons of people this week. The Lord is preparing people all the time and it’s always amazing to be led to those people and blessed to see the miracle. One way cool experience that happened this week was with our new homie, Fei. He is from China, fluent in Mandarin, Japanese, and English, and a hustler on the court. So our story begins two weeks ago with the usual Saturday morning game of basketball in the parking lot. We been able to get a pretty good group coming recently and one guy that heard about was the husband of a less-active member that the Sisters have been working with, our homie Fei. So he comes out last week, and let me tell you, this guy is an animal on the court. Draining 3’s and breaking ankles left and right. Anyway, he has a great time and then goes home and is talking to his wife and the sister missionaries who also happen to be there. He said that he felt something different with the missionaries and wanted to be able to join our “team”. So a week goes by and Fei comes out again to ball up. We have another great game and he he comes up to us and is just like, hey, I know you guys are busy and I don’t want to take up your time, but I feel something different with you and I want to learn. So of course we do what any good missionaries would do and say absolutely! So we sit down and have a lesson with Fei and he tells us about how his wife joined the church one year ago and how he wants to become a better father and husband and that he wants to learn about God. So we taught him about the nature of God and how He is our Heavenly Father and loves us perfectly. It was a great lesson and we will be meeting with him every Saturday after basketball from now on.

It’s been a blessing to be able to serve as a full-time servant of the Lord in Japan. The beauty of it all is that I don’t have to worry about myself any more. All I have to do is go out, preach the good word, and let the Lord work the miracles. The work is sweet, life is good, and I’m blessed to be along for the ride. I love you all and hope you all have a good week!

Elder Sadler

Didn’t take any pics this week, but here’s where I was a year ago lol.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...