Skip to main content

Lucky Number 13๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ† (Week 85)

What’s up everybody!? Hope everyone had a great week! The seasons are passing and the days are getting warmer! Taking the jacket off is definitely a great change of pace, but the sweat stained collars of my white shirts would beg to differ. On the bright side, suns out guns out, and my new companion Elder Jaeckel and I are out as well and talking to everybody we can! The mission’s the best. The work is rolling forward, the heat isn’t too unbearable yet, and we’re loving it!

We’re making a Costco run as a district today so I don’t have too much time to write, but this past week was an adventure. As usual, every six weeks we have transfers, and this past week happened to be the one. Unfortunately, Elder Harrison was shipped out to Kofu, but my good friend Elder Jaeckel (pronounced similar to J. Cole *first things first, Rest In Peace Uncle Phil*) was transferred here to Yamato and we are excited to kick things off! So far, our time has been filled with a lot of planning, coordinating with new district leaders, and attending the various meetings that help move the work forward. It’s been a lot of fun and I’ll try to have a good story for you all next week!

Lastly, the other big news is, I am officially a teenager now. Transfer 13. The past year and a half have been the greatest ever and I’m thankful for the several months I still have left. There’s honestly not too much better than getting out and getting to work in the service of the Lord. The time flies by way too fast, but I think Zach Brown Band said it best, “When you lose yourself, you find the key to paradise.” 
Hope everyone has a great week! I love you all!
- Elder Sadler -
District Bowling for the final p-day last week
District Bowling for the final p-day last week
District Bowling for the final p-day last week
Well timed photo of me making the game winning strike in the background lol
Opening transfer calls together on base
Last Kamakura district meeting 
Last Kamakura district meeting 
Elder Jaeckel’s sweet hat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒด (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...