Skip to main content

Somebody needs to buy a watch!⌚ (Week 18)

皆さんこんにちは!I can't believe it's already p-day again! The time has flown by this week. Elder Dowdle and I have been working hard so I guess it gets pretty easy to lose track of time. This past week, was definitely one of dendo (missionary work). We did splits with members almost every day. The members that we went out with are preparing to serve missions and will sometime this spring. That means when we were on splits, I was the senior companion. It was really tough trying to set a good example of missionary work and talking to everyone, especially when I can't understand Japanese. It was a great experience though, we talked to tons of people and saw miracles every time we opened our mouths. People would listen to us and a few became investigators. It was great! A week full of dendo!

As of today, I've been in Japan longer than I was in the MTC. Now that's crazy to think about! My MTC experience seemed like it lasted a while, but time here in Japan has flown by. It feels like I just arrived last week, but in reality it has been 2 months! Elder Dowdle and I come home exhausted everyday, but when we realize that another day is gone, it just inspires us to work harder! It's like an endless cycle, lol.

As for experiences this week, there have been some pretty great ones. We received a new investigator from some missionaries in Tokyo last week and have met with him several times already. He is a way smart guy and uses way difficult Japanese, but he asks us some really great questions, but sometimes they are hard to answer. We never teach him without the help of a Japanese church member lol. He is way great, and he has a baptismal date set for February 11. We are super excited for him! His faith is really developing and he wants to receive baptism. It is truly amazing to watch and help someone's faith develop like that. I have been beyond blessed to have this opportunity to serve a mission. I have had amazing experiences and learned so much. Through it all, I think I will end up being my biggest investigator! Isn't it funny how that works?

Anyway, another great week in Japan down! I am looking forward to this week and all that lies ahead. To everyone at home, I love you so much! Thank you for the the love and support, it means everything to me! Have a great week!

This is Elder Sadler signing off until next week. 皆さん愛しています!

サドラー 長老

Sorry Mom... Not many pictures this week. I lose track of time when we are working hard, lol!



Tokyo Temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...