Skip to main content

AP for a day🇯🇵🏆⛩ (Week 44)

Konnichiwa! How was everyone's week? I can't believe it's already p-day again. It feels like I just wrote! Elder Palomino and I have been way busy this past week and it has been quite the adventure. Last Monday we went to Yokohama as a District. Ate ate "La Salsa", hung out at Landmark tower, saw the Pokémon center, and took some sweet pictures. If you ever decide to come to Japan, I would recommend Yokohama. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we just did the normal missionary stuff like walking around and talking to all kinds of people. Always fun. On Friday, we got to go up to Kichijoji on splits with the AP's (Assistants to the President). Elder Palomino and Elder Hemi went with a guy they baptized last year to the temple for his first time. I wasn't there, but I'm sure it was a way cool experience haha. Meanwhile, I got to go on splits with  Elder Nelson (my trainer's trainer (my grandfather)) and Elder Gonzales (our newest AP, who arrived the same day). It was a way cool experience, especially because the AP's are generally considered to be the best of the best, and they did not disappoint. We talked to tons of people and found several new investigators. Good stuff. We spent that night in Kichijoji and headed back home Saturday morning. We then had a huge missionary blitz with all the missionaries from the Yokohama North and South zones. We were able to talk to tons of people there as well. It's been a good week for dendo my friends.

One of my lessons learned this week has definitely been the importance of working with the members. Church leaders say over and over again that member-missionary work is the best way, but sometimes we still fall into the habit of missionaries feeling like it's their job only to find people to teach and member just kinda do their thing and never invite anyone. As Elder Palomino and I have been doing our missionary thing this, we have been visiting members homes nearly every day and
inviting them to invite their friends. As missionaries serving on a base, we are very limited as to what we can do to find people to teach so our biggest resource is the members! Luckily, we have the best
members in like the whole world in our Ward here in Yokosuka. We have been able to meet and talk to so many people that are found through the help of the Ward members. I guess what I am getting at here is that, for all you missionaries out there who are reading this, don't be so selfish as to think that finding people is your job only. Talk to and work with the members! They are our greatest resource. And for all you members out there, it's not the missionaries job to do all the finding. You know the people around you far better than anyone else. Go out and invite! When everyone works together, we will see miracles.

Thank you for all the wonderful emails. I love all of you and love hearing from home. And yes I love all you missionaries out there who write me as well lol. Everyone keep on keepin' on. This is Elder
Sadler, signing off until next week. 皆さんを愛しています!

サドラー 長老
La Salsa

The Ray Family

The Franklin Family

The Serrano Family

Fourth of July with The Coca family

District Meeting

District Blitz 1

District Blitz 2

Zone Blitz

Me and my homie Nielson長老 from the MTC


Temple Trip

Temple Trip 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...