Skip to main content

Shake 'n Bake!πŸ†πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅⛩ (Week 43)

Minasan, konnichiwa! Hope everyone had a fantastic week! Also sorry for the super short email last week. We had like zero time so I did my best haha. Anyway, this past week has been great here in Yokosuka. We have been super busy working with members and doing various other missionary things. Because we are serving in a military area, we are very limited as to what we can do as far as finding investigators to teach, so our main priority is work with and strengthen the members. And let me just say, I love the members here. They are all so great and feed us all the time. We have dinner appointments like every day. It's a good problem to have I guess! But yea, things are going great here in Yokosuka.

One fun experience I had this past week was last Saturday during a Zone blitz here in Yokosuka. For the first half of the blitz I was able to go and dendo with Elder Johnson. He is the elder I replaced
when I transferred to Kunitachi. He is a great missionary and we talked to some way cool people. For the second half of the blitz, I was with our zone leader, Elder Sequiera, from SΓ£o Paulo Brazil. Elder
Sequiera and I were doing some steeting at a near by park and we said hello to three homies who were leaving as we were walking in. They were kind of doing that thing where they are half turned around and talking to you but at the same time walking away (all you missionaries serving in Japan will understand), and right as they were turning away, like 150 college aged girls walked up and started talking to us. They were pretty interested in us until they found out we were just missionaries haha. After we introduced ourselves, they all left except for one girl who was already Christian. She was fluent in English and we talked to her for a minute about the Book of Mormon and how it can give us guidance and answer the questions we might have about life. She was way interested and accepted a Book of Mormon. Hopefully the Sisters can get into contact with her. We didn't have a whole lot of time to talk to her because all her friends bailed and I felt kinda bad for her, but it was a good experience. It is so awesome to see the miracles that God places in our lives every day.

I hope this week's email was a little better. I'm not very good at writing and honestly I don't like it very much. I love communicating with all my fans, but if there was any way other than writing, I would take the other way. It's a weekly struggle lol. Anyway, I love all my family and friends out there and I appreciate the love and support every week. Thanks for all the wonderful emails this past week. Keep being awesome! 愛しています

ァドラー 長老
Sukiya (Elder Palomino is a 10 time king champion)

 η§γŸγ‘、η΅ε©šγ—γΎγ—γŸ!

Chili's with the coolest couple ever

Zone Blitz

What's a family photo without a funny one?

A problem one of my Eikaiwa students gave me. I solved it in 15
minutes. Can anyone top me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...