Skip to main content

The Portato🥔🚲⛩ (Week 34)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great week this week. Elder Ramos and I have had a week like no other here in Kunitachi. We have been together for a solid 3 days now and have seen crazy miracles everywhere. Thursday was our first day together and we found 2 new investigators. On Friday, we didn't find any new investigators, but we did find several potential investigators. On Saturday, we found three more new investigators. On Sunday, we found another new investigator,
for a grand total of 6 new investigators and several more PI's in 3 days. We were also able to meet with one of our other investigators who has been crazy busy recently and had a great lesson. Hopefully we can continue to meet a little more often and help him find the light that comes through the gospel of Jesus Christ. As far as I see it, that is nothing short of a miracle. Elder Ramos and I have been working hard and working well together. He is possibly one the strangest and most scatter-brained people I have ever met, but he is a fantastic missionary and a hard worker. Let's just say, it's going to be an interesting transfer. I'm excited!

Today Elder Handly, Elder Mori, Elder Ramos, and I are all getting our bikes tuned up so we are all on rental bikes. In Japan, there are several different types of bikes that people usually buy. For example, a regular street bike like I have, or more of an off road bike, or these other pretty common bikes called mama-chari's. For our rental bikes today, we all got mama-chari's. They are pretty much the greatest thing ever. Not real fast or flashy, but perfect for cruising down the street with your squad. One of the best parts of our new cruisers, is that they all came with names written on the side. Elder Handly got the "Bobby Town", Elder Mori got the "Fro-Mage", Elder Ramos got the "Transmatic", and I got the "Portato". Probably the second greatest thing of my life lol.

Other than that, not much to report so far. Elder Ramos and I are working hard and seeing miracles from God every day. Thanks to everyone at home for the wonderful emails and all the love. To all my
missionaries out there, keep working hard, don't give up, and you will see miracles. 皆さん愛しています!

サドラー 長老

Our month ages.  We are all growing up.  I've been out 8 months now!

Last District Meeting of Transfer 4

Cops and Robbers

Mama-Chari Bike Squad

Mama-Chari Squad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...