Skip to main content

Come hear a prophet's voice! ⛩ (Week 30)

皆さんこんにちは! Hope everyone had a great week this week! Elder Yara and I have been working pretty hard this week. Remember how I said the weather would be great this past week? Well it was fantastic... for like half of one day, then right back into the rain. Believe me, I want some good pictures of the Sakura as well, but we haven't exactly had time for a photo shoot yet. Haha, anyway, this past week was not great for dendo, but it was a blast. We spent a lot of time visiting potential investigators, making lots of phone calls, and working with members. In other words, our area book is looking pretty dry right now, but we are working hard to find those who the Lord has prepared to receive our message.

This past week, we had Zone Conference in Fussa. I always enjoy being able to attend those trainings and get together with homies in the zone. It was way good. Anyway, after that, we taught Eikawa, which is always way fun. I love being able to teach English! Plus the students are all just so great! I teach the advanced class so all my student's English is already pretty good. It's way fun getting to discuss the various things we talk about in class lol. After that, we spent the rest of the week doing dendo. Always a blast. This weekend though, we got watch General Conference! What an amazing opportunity to hear from the prophet of the Lord! We spent a lot of time sitting in a room watching a screen, but it was way good. I enjoyed many of the talks. Some of them seem to come under a new light, as I watch them as a missionary. It is such a privilege to bear the name of the Savior on my chest and stand shoulder to shoulder with those men as special representatives of him. This mission experience has definitely been the toughest thing I've ever done in my life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Being a missionary is pretty much the best thing ever. I feel bad for everyone at home, because you don't get to be a full time missionary with me! To all my homies preparing to serve, get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Use time wisely, you only get it once! 皆さん愛しています!

サドラー 長老


Sakura at Night

Sakura + Tayaki = Happiness


Zone Meeting

Always a Party
Watching General Conference with Fellow English Speakers

 I wish a picture could do justice for this view
幸せになりなさい


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...