Skip to main content

Happier Than a Tornado in a Trailer Park 🏘🌪👍 (Week 29)

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has had a great week this week! Also hope everyone enjoyed general conference! As for all of us here in Japan, we will be watching next week because of the language translation delay. You'd better believe we are all way excited though! As for this past week, not much to report. Just lots of finding and trying to meet with people. I'm sure people are tired of receiving calls and visits from us by now lol. Because we have had a bit of a difficult time finding people to teach recently (and the weather has been pretty terrible on top of that), we decided to work with the people we have already found. We have been calling people like crazy and knocking on more doors than a cop in Miami. Come rain, freeze, thunderstorm, or all three, you'd better believe we are biking through it and stopping by that potential investigators home! The best part is, we are having so much fun through it all! I don't think I've ever been so soaking wet and happy at the same time in my life! I'm sure all the other missionaries out there can attest to that. It's so difficult, but it's just the greatest experience one could ever ask for. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

In other news, biking in the freezing rain is great and all, but the forecast is predicting a beautiful week this week. Things are starting to warm up, the sun will be shining, and the Sakura have arrived! I am so excited to be out and a about this week. I will take some pictures this week and send them out next Monday. In Japan, it is a huge custom to go out with friends and family to view the Sakura during the spring season and enjoy the beauty of everything in God's wonderful creation. People will usually set up a picnic underneath a blooming Sakura tree and enjoy the time together. I would encourage everyone this week, especially as spring begins to arrive, to take some time to stop and see this beautiful world that has been created for us. Go on a walk, set up a picnic, anything to get away and take in the beauty of life and this wonderful world. I promise that as you take that time, you will see the beauty in everything. That beauty will be testimony enough that there is God above us and he loves us. He loves us so much that he created this beautiful world for us. He loves us so much that, he organized a perfect plan for us so that we can live with our families forever. He loves us so much that he sent his beloved son to die for our sins so that we may one day return to him. The least we can do is stop to enjoy the beauty of everything around us!

To everyone at home, I love ya and I miss ya, but it's a blast here in Japan! I only wish I could bring you all with me on this adventure of a lifetime. But, because email is all I got, I guess this will have to do lol. Keep being awesome! Life is waiting for you out there, go get it!

サドラー 長老

P.S. Sorry Mom, no pics this week. Next week I'll do better!🤞

District Meeting

And of course, a funny one👌
(Names from left to right:  Jensen姉妹, Ibañez姉妹, Beck姉妹,
Perez長老, Handley長老, Me😘, Gonzales長老)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...