Skip to main content

Happy Easter! (Week 31)

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Easter! This is not really a weekly email and I will get straight to the point. This past week has definitely been an eventful one. Last Friday, I was diagnosed with this thing called Bell's Palsy. Scary. Last Wednesday, the right side of my lip was feeling a little weird and by Thursday, I lost all control of the muscle in the right side of my face. On Friday, I received a priesthood blessing and went to the doctor to get it checked out. It was definitely an expensive day. Had to see a nerve specialist, get a MRI and all that fun stuff. The bad news is, I have zero control of the muscle in the right side of my face and I'm on some meds for this week. Good news is, in a couple months I should be all good. Apparently it is due to a bit of a virus I've had recently on top of the stresses of being a missionary and that caused a bit of minor nerve damage. So I'm sorry in advance for all of my pics with no smiles in them these coming weeks lol. Believe me, I'd smile if I could. Anyway, other than all of that fun stuff, this week has been great. Elder Yara and I have been working hard and talking to lots of people. We just have to work through my slightly slurred speaking haha. Anyway, not much time to write today, but I wanted to let you all know what's going on and let you all know that I am happy and I love you all! I can feel your prayers from across the world and they are much appreciated! Until next week, 愛しています

サドラー 長老

(Note from Barry - Please pray for Dylan this week.  Thank you!)

Fortunately I got to take some good pics before the incident, lol.
1. Tama zoo last week
2. Best Raman in all of Japan
3. Beautiful scenery
4. Love the Sakura
5. More Sakura
6. Crepes!
7. Zone p-day today!







 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...