Skip to main content

3 Musketeers⚔️ (Week 25)

皆さんこんにちは!
Hope everyone had an amazing week this past week. Things have been quite eventful here in Kunitachi recently. To begin with, last week was pretty slow. Nobody wanted to talk to us. It was difficult to even get anyone to say hello back. Elder Duke and I were feeling a little down and just plain tired. It was rough but we kept working hard. Sunday is where things got interesting. We had a great day at church. The lessons went really well, learned a lot of new words in Japanese, and it was a good time. After church, we came back home and while we were chilling at lunch, Elder Duke got a call from President Warnick saying that he is being Emergency transferred to
Tama on Thursday. So for at least the rest of this transfer, I will be in a 3 man companionship with Elder Handly and Elder Winn. Hence the title, Three Musketeers lol. And because Elder Winn is still a bean (transfer 1-2), that technically makes me a trainer with Elder Handly. Exciting stuff! I doubt it will be the same next transfer but I am excited for the last couple weeks of this one! Anyway, after all the excitement of sudden transfer calls, Elder Duke had about an hour before we had to go back home so we decided to walk to Tachikawa station and back. As usual, it started off slow, and we ended up only being able to talk to one person, but that one person became a new investigator and will be at church on Sunday! Miracles everywhere! Today we are hiking Mt. Takao so I am excited for that. I will send pictures. Right now I am typing this in the train on the way to Takao. Fun stuff. Anyway, that's about all to report this week!

This week I have been thinking a lot about families and how grateful I am for my family. When Elder Duke and I dendo, we always choose a topic that we want to teach about for each day on the streets.
Recently we have talked a lot about families and as we have taught, I have thought a lot about my own family. I am so thankful for the amazing examples that have been set for me by my family. From my amazing Great Grandfather who was a WWII veteran, a patriarch, and still an incredible example for me today, all the way to my father who serves with nothing held back. I have thought about all the amazing role models in my life and how blessed I am to have the family that I have. And to top it all off, we have the opportunity of eternal families. Family through this life and through the next. What an amazing blessing! So to all my family out there, 愛しています! Until next week!

サドラー 長老

Awesome photo of Elder Duke and I taken by the pro photographer we
met a week or two ago


宣教師 S'mores!


Kunitachi Ward
The Japanese equivalent of fried chicken (唐揚げ)


Top of Takao


Taking in the view

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...