Skip to main content

Back to the Roots 🌊⛩ (Week 80)

What’s up everybody!? Hope everyone had a great week! I keep telling myself I’m gonna write a way fire weekly email one of these weeks, but things keep coming up and it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to see that Elder Sadler isn’t much of a writer. But, for the sake of all my fans, I’ll try to keep it interesting!

This past week was awesome! Last p-day was a lot of fun. Got some shopping done, helped the new Sister in the district buy her first bike in Japan, and had some sushi as a district. On Tuesday we had a couple district meeting to attend and then SPM (not really sure what it stands for but it’s basically a stake leadership/missionary coordination meeting). The fun part was that the Fujisawa stake center was my first area when I came to Japan almost a year and a half ago. I hadn’t had the opportunity to go back since then, so it was way cool to see the area and some of the members again (and I could actually speak Japanese to them this time, lol). Also had the opportunity to go with a good friend of mine, Elder McDonald, to visit my very first investigator, Homare, who has since dropped off the map. My trainer, Elder Dowdle, and I were the first missionaries to teach him and we developed a really close friendship. We were hoping that we could try to bring him back, but no one answered the door when we visited. It was way tough to hear about him falling away, but hopefully we will be able to help him find his way in the future. On Wednesday we had Zone Conference. We had ZC way early into this transfer, giving us very little time to prepare, so I was kinda worried about all our trainings and things, but it ended up going way well! We talked a lot about how we can become more effective teachers and how we can better strive to talk to everyone we possibly can. Good conference. Other than that, our week was filled with various other meetings, planning, meeting with investigators, and finding in between. The Lord’s work is great and I love it every day.

And that was a recap of our week! If it wasn’t that interesting, I guess it’s just one of those things that you’d have to be there to understand, lol. I’ll try to write an actual fire email next week. But until then, just know that I love you all, you are the best, and if I had to give you one bit of advice, it would be to go out and live in such a way that you will have no regrets looking back. One thing I have learned on my mission is that I never really regretted the things I did; I have only regretted the things I didn’t do. A wise man once said, “Whether you hit or miss doesn’t matter. Just swing.”

Elder Sadler
Gearing up for the Tour de France
 
Way pretty park in the south part of our area
 
Hole in the wall Ramen shop Elder Wood and I found on splits
 
80 cent banana milk!
 
Stamina-Taro
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...