Skip to main content

To the top of Takao πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅⛰πŸ§—‍♂️ (Week 76)


ηš†ζ§˜、γŠγ―γ‚ˆγ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™! So, you remember last week how I wrote a pretty short email because we went to Costco and didn’t have any time and I said I’d do better next week? Well, next week has now arrived and instead of spending all my time writing you all a well worded email, we’ll be hiking Mt. Takao today. Since time is short once again, I’ll try to cover the highlights as I sit here on the train. γ‚ˆγ‚γ—γγŠι‘˜γ„γ—γΎγ™。

1. P day last week was good. Costco and lots of pizza.
2. Went on exchanges with the zone leaders and had a great time. Learned about the importance of being real and how we can more effectively work together as a zone.
3. Taught English class which is always a lot of fun. Our students are the best.
4. Our English class students took Elder Low and I out to lunch at a sushi place that was far more expensive than we felt comfortable letting them pay for us. But, they refused our money and we all had a good time with the best sushi I have her placed upon my tongue.
5. Got to do that thing that PMG talks about as the “ideal teaching situation”. A member had a friend who he invited to his home to meet with him and us. It was a great contact and a lot of fun.
6. Later realized that the same guy we met at the members house was also a former investigator who we had been trying to get in contact with for a while but never could. Huge miracle.
7. Met with a good friend of ours from Taiwan. He’s not from Taipei (sorry Sister Johnson), but he is a way cool guy who is living here in Japan for about a year for work. He goes by the name Mars, which in my personal opinion, is pretty legit. We’ll hopefully be meeting with him again this week so it’s pretty exciting.
8. And it came to pass that President Warnick said, let there be sisters, and it was done. The Kohoku/Kanagawa area is officially no longer Sister missionary-less. The new sisters are Sister Berghout and Sister Sepulcri. Interesting names but awesome sisters. Looking forward to working with them.
9. Had a Kohoku Ward game night. Had a pretty good turnout. Played a couple good games of Volleyball and had a lot of fun.
10. Had Church on Sunday. Realized how far my Japanese has come and how much the Lord has blessed me to be able to learn.
11. Today, we will be meeting up with some past companions and hiking Takao. It’s gonna be a lot of fun and I’ll try to get some good pics.
 
In all honesty, the past week flew by and I don’t remember a whole lot of it, but it was bomb. Always an adventure and I thank the Lord that I am able to experience the ride. I love you all and hope everyone has a good week!

- Elder Sadler

 
 
Zone Conference
 
Kohoku District Meeting
 
Kohoku Game Night
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...