Skip to main content

Snake Eyes๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ’ธ (Week 73)

Welcome everyone to Elder Sadler's Transfer 11 here in the Land of the Rising Sun! It’s been quite the adventure and I am excited for the times ahead. It’s strange to think how fast time flies. We got a year and a half down and only an unspecified amount of months left that we won’t talk about to go. As much as I miss everyone at home, the mission is the greatest experience of my life. I love the people, I love the gospel, and I love the Lord. Couldn’t ask for a whole lot more.
 
Not too much happened this past week. Just a lot of going out into the cold and talking to as many people as we can. We did have one way cool experience though this past Monday. So we had plans to meet with our homie Reb that night. The original idea was to meet up with him either at his apartment or at the church, but due to tight schedules on both ends, we ended Meeting on the second floor of the McDonalds near Haku-Raku Station. We bought some dinner and then sat down to have a good conversation about Jesus over Big Macs and some fries. The lesson ended up going really well. Never underestimate the power of the spirit. As we were sitting there talking, surrounded by other random Japanese people and the sound of Toto's “Africa” playing in the background, we were able to testify powerfully and invite Reb to be baptized. Reb doesn’t have a baptismal date yet, but he is well on his way to the Waters of Mormon. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Whether it be giving the blind their sight, guiding missionaries through Japan, or blessing the rains down in Africa. Definitely a moment I won’t forget. Other than that, we are going to the Alex Boyรฉ/Bless 4 concert in Kichijoji tonight so I’m pretty excited! I’ll let you all know how it goes next week!
 
But yea, it’s been good times. Elder Low is pretty much the best I know of and I’m looking forward to doing some wolverine hunting with him after the mission. Ask me how I’m doing, I say, “blessed”. Blessed to be here in Japan and blessed to be a child of God. ๆ„›ใ—ใฆใ„ใพใ™!
 
-Elder Sadler
 
Not a lot of pics this week.
 
Our English Class here in Kohoku/Kanagawa
 
Our area + Fuji from a distance
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒด (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...