Skip to main content

Peponi🏝⛩🏄🏻 (Week 74)

How’s it hanging all my party people!? Another week of miracles here in the amazing land of Japan. It’s been quite the ride and I’m loving every minute of it. This past week wasn’t real busy so we did a lot of finding. And hark the herald angels were singing above us, for behold, many miracles did we see.

This week started off not so usual as we had the opportunity to attend the Alex Boyé and Bless 4 concert in Kichijoji last week. I wasn’t really sure what to expect when the concert began with a opening hymn and prayer, but everything came together quite nicely. We started off with Bless 4 and it basically went straight into a rave party, so it was quite the transition from “Have I done any good in the world today” to “Let’s have a Party”. After Bless 4, Alex Boyé performed and it was awesome. Probably one of the hypest spiritual experiences I have had. There were some great songs performed and some powerful testimony shared. It was really a blessing to be able to attend.

After our party fiasco, it was out to work for the week. We have been going crazy visiting potential investigators, former investigators, current investigators, and everything in between. One big miracle that happens was on Friday night. We biked out to a station that is pretty far out and up the biggest mountain I ever biked in my life to visit a former investigator from several years ago. Despite the freezing temperatures, the beads of sweat were rolling and I thought I saw a glimpse of the end of my life as the fire burning in thighs nearly consumed my entire being. But we decided to do what any good missionaries would do and man up to the top of this Everest. Turns out, he wasn’t home so that was a little disappointing, but we decided to knock some doors in the area anyway. Got about five or six doors in, and a young mom comes out to the door to greet us. We introduced ourselves as missionaries and said that we were sharing a message for families about God and His plan for us. She was interested in learning more and we set a time to visit her again this coming Wednesday. No mountain will stop the work of the Lord.

Things have been great here recently and I feel blessed to be apart of it. Kohoku is doing good and Elder Low is pretty much the greatest. We'll being hitting the streets hard again this week and I am excited for the adventures that lie ahead. In case you were wandering about the title of this weekly, Peponi means “paradise” in Swahili. *Shout out to Alex Boyé* The Mission is the best and I’m feeling closer to paradise than I ever have before. Keep on keeping on. 愛しています!

-Elder Sadler
 
Microscopic paper cranes that Elder Low made.
 
Sakura blooms from last year. They should be blooming soon this year.
 
Basketball with some homies we met just today
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...