Skip to main content

Sending Comp #2 to America 🛫 (Week 51)

Hello everyone! Things are suspenseful here in Yokosuka as the district patiently awaits transfer emails today. We have some ideas bouncing around about who is going where, but in all honesty it's still pretty up in the air. As for my companionship though, Elder Taniguchi will be going to America for the MTC this transfer. That makes two missionaries that I have sent to America from Yokosuka haha. I hope both of them enjoy every minute of it!

In other news, this past week has been great! Elder Taniguchi and I have been working hard, visiting members, and finding people to teach. Unfortunately, we are not very good at remembering to take pictures (sorry Mom), but I will give the highlights. Last Monday, we went to Kamakura as a half district (because the sisters were lame and didn't come). It was way fun. I bought a sweet pair of nunchucks and we saw the biggest statue of Buddha that I have ever seen. Like probably 50 feet tall. It was the real deal. On Tuesday, we were able to contact our homie, Vu (we found him two weeks ago), but he was still busy. We were able to briefly introduce the restoration to him though and we
will follow up on that tonight! On Wednesday, I went on splits with Elder McDonald. It was pretty fun, besides the blazing hot sun. We were able to visit a couple potential investigators and less actives
all the way down in Misakiguchi (the very bottom of our area). Also got to have a lesson with the most fashionable Japanese man I have ever met. His name is Matsuda san and he is a total homie. We had a good conversation about the Book of Mormon and baptism and it went really well. Last Thursday was the 31st so of course we went to Baskin Robbins for 31 percent off ice cream. It was the best haha. On Friday, we had dinner with a Ward member in his 16th floor penthouse apartment. On top of that, he is Samoan and made us some way good island food. It doesn't get much better than that! On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to a BBQ with the Japanese Ward members. There was lots of meat including deer meat and Boar meat. Let's just say, the Japanese don't quite know how to do BBQ's like Americans, but it was pretty good haha. On Sunday, we had a great service at church and then two back to back meal appointments in the evening. I'm not entirely sure how I managed to eat so much, but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, anything is possible. Aaaaand that brings us to today.

So grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary here in Yokosuka sharing the greatest message to ever be heard on the Earth. And that message is that Jesus lives! He is our savior and Redeemer. Though him, we can be forgiven of our sins. Through him, we can make back to our Father in Heaven. Through him, all is made possible. What a blessing it is to share such a wonderful message!

 Thank you for the love and support of everyone out there. I greatly appreciated all the wonderful emails this past week. I love you and more importantly, the Savior loves you. Keep working hard and I look forward to hearing from all of you next week! I love you!

サドラー 長老

(Note from Barry:  We received an email later in the day in which Dylan told us he would be training a new missionary in Yokosuka and he was pretty excited about it.)

Make American Cookies!

Big Buddha

Inside of Big Buddha

Delicious Kebobs!

Biggest shrine I've ever seen (it's way in the back on top of the hill)

Crepés

Zone Blitz (We had to leave a few minutes early...
that is why they are holding our pictures on the iPad)


Beautiful Ocean at Sunset



And another one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...