Skip to main content

Sailing on the Sun ☀️⛵️⛩ (Week 48)

皆さんこんにちは! Hope everyone had a great week. To begin with, I apologize for the short emails the past two weeks. Hopefully I can do better today! I'll get strait into it.

This past week absolutely flew by, but it was definitely a week of miracles! Elder Taniguchi and I spent a lot of time walking the street and knocking on doors, but not a whole lot of success. We have been able to talk to lots of cool people but pretty much all of them have fallen through. We were kind of feeling in a slump and weren't really sure how to get out of it. We had worked hard all week and eventually Thursday rolls around and we have weekly planning. We talked about some things, set some goals, and came up with a couple game plans to get us going again. After weekly planning, we are making our way home when we get a call out of nowhere from some random number. His name
was Andrew and he told that he had just met with Bro Peacock (quick shoutout to Bro Peacock for being the best!), who is a Chaplin in the Navy and a member of the church. Bro Peacock talked with him for a while and referred him to us and that's why he was calling. He also said that he had met with some other missionaries in Korea and that he loved the missionaries and the church. We haven't been able to meet with him in person yet because of busy schedules, but we are aiming for a time this week. Finally things were starting to look up, but the miracles don't stop there! On Sunday, I was able to go on splits with Elder McDonald to visit another American guy named Josh. Elder McDonald found him a couple weeks ago, but we had not been able to visit him until then also because of busy schedules. He was a way nice guy who is looking for more truth and more spirit in his life. We were
able to talk to him for a while about the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost and testify to him about how much his life can be blessed by the gospel. It was a way cool experience and the spirit was way strong.

This transfer is my first as a senior companion and even though I don't know exactly what I'm doing all the time, I can promise that through the guidance of the Spirit and the Atonement of Jesus Christ
anything is possible! I may not be the best but I can guarantee you that I'm better than I was yesterday. That's something that I couldn't do on my own. A big shoutout to my family for helping me and guiding me through that, and more importantly, a big shoutout to the Savior Jesus Christ for being by my side throughout every happy moment, every sad moment, and every trial. Without him I never could have made it to where I am now. That's something I will be eternally grateful for.

I hope this email made up for the two last weeks. Every thing has been going good here and we are blessed to see miracles all the time. If you were wondering about the title of this email, it has been
absolutely, ridiculously hot here in Yokosuka this past week. I'm talking about sailing on the surface of the sun kind of hot. But don't worry, we are staying hydrated and working our hardest. To all of
those at home and all of those who are still alive after the August heat of Japan, I love you and I look forward to hearing from all of you! 愛しています!  (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎
Bringing back the Harry Potter style

Eikaiwa

Temple p-day last week

Shibuya street crossing (yes, the one from Tokyo Drift)

Joga-Shima Park

 The Arch

Southern most point of our entire mission!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...