Skip to main content

"Baskin Robbins always finds out. Baskin Robbins don't play"🍦⛩πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅ (Week 38)

ηš†γ•γ‚“γ“γ‚“γ«γ‘γ―! This past week flew by. Can't believe it's already p-day again. It flew by way too fast. We also get transfer emails this week, so it's exciting! I have have been in Kunitachi for three transfers so the odds of me transferring are getting pretty high. Kunitachi has been fantastic though. Great members and a great area. This past week in Kunitachi has been great. We were pretty busy all week, but got to see lots of cool miracles. Last Saturday, we visited an old people's home and did some good "old-fashioned" (pun intended) service. We sang some songs, taught a little bit of English, and folded some origami. It was a blast. On Sunday, we had a wonderful church meeting and then got to do some more service with a near by college. The students have an organized group that goes out every Sunday night to pick up trash around the college and the station in Kunitachi. We got to go out with them last night and do some service and talk to some way cool people. One guy I talked to was a Spanish major so I got to use the little bit of Spanish that I know lol. I have forgotten a ton of Spanish as I have been studying Japanese the past several months. Anyway, he was a way cool guy. We swapped Facebooks and plan to meet up sometime. It's amazing to see how prepared people are when we are able to come in under the right circumstances.

If you were wandering about the title of this email, I will explain. On the 31st day of the month, Baskin Robbins has a 31 percent off deal that missionaries love to take part in. We all went to Baskin Robbins as a district last month. It was awesome. Had some good ice cream, but forgot to take pictures. And if you don't get the reference, go watch the movie Antman.

Shoutout to all my friends and family out there. Thanks for all the love and support. You guys are the best. Just keep swimming! 愛しています!
(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

ァドラー 長老


Found a hobbit hole near the church


Not sure what this is tbh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week: