Skip to main content

MTC Week 4

 Well, week 4 was great! Time really flies when you're having fun,
and this past week has been a lot of fun! My district has really become
my new family and even though the language is tough, I have really had
fun with it this past week and learned a lot! Me and Jones Chōrō have
been teaching two investigators every day for the past week though and
that has been a little stressful trying to prepare lessons in Japanese
that fast. On top of that, we are no longer allowed to prepare script
sentences to read, so we have to use what we know to teach the
lessons. It was really difficult at first but as we have pushed our
limits, we have learned and grown a lot!
    We get 20 new senkyōshi (missionaries) today! We are super excited
to get our new kohai (1st 3 week senkyōshi)! So as of today, my
district is no longer considered kohai, we are now senpai (2nd 3 week
senkyōshi). It is crazy to think about! Time really flies! I got a
small realization of how little time we really have here on our
missions. We only have 23 months left...
    In last nights devotional we got to hear from none other than
Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He and his wife
spoke together, and they gave fantastic talks. They spoke
about how we can maximize our learning experience, particularly in
General Conference and other from other church authorities. He gave
three things to look for in a talk: 1. A doctrine or principle 2. An
invitation 3. Promised blessings. He said that as we heed a prophet's
invitations, the blessings promised are sure. He also talked about
studying and praying with a question. The word he used for diligent
studying was "digging". I thought it was appropriate. He broke down
several talks from General Conference, of which were President
Uchtdorf, Elder Nelson, and Elder Cook. As we broke down and talked
about those talks, I noticed the recurring theme of joy! This really
stuck out to me in the mindset of missionary work. As senkyōshi, we
have to find joy in what we do! If we don't find the joy in serving
the Lord, we will not have the spirit with us and it will be a very
long and difficult two years. I know that I will make a special effort
to search for joy in my life and pray specifically for joy. I would
encourage all to do the same!
    We also got to sing the song "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer" for
Choir in the devotional last night. I had never heard it before, but
it is an absolutely beautiful song and I would highly recommend giving
it a look. It brought tears to my eyes and the MTC choir sang its
words in front of a prophet of God and to a broadcast for all the
other MTCs around the world. It was a truly amazing experience.
    I have at least two distributors lined up for LifeVantage when I
return home! We spend a LOT of time together as a district which gives
us plenty of time to talk and get to know each other. I was able to
share a little bit about LifeVantage with the 5 other elder in my
district, and two of them are really interested! I told them that in
two years we'll get together and talk about the real thing! I have
grown so much love for the other Elders in my district. We have grown
to be like brothers in just these few weeks.
    I am glad to hear everything is going good at home!
Congratulations to the Jemison Blue Regiment Band for their
performance at competition, and good luck at the upcoming competition!
Go make me proud! It is important to work hard, but never take for
granted the time you have. It will fly by. Have fun and find the joy
whatever you do!
     I loved all the sweet emails. Keep them coming! Tell Reid I'm
proud of him for his fast and definitely felt his love and support for
me and I am so thankful for that! He will be a great missionary one
day! The weather is getting pretty cool here in Utah. There is snow on
the mountains every day. It is super dry here as well though. We are
in a desert after all... But is so beautiful here, as the trees change
colors and wearing a suit outside is actually bearable. The view from
the Provo temple is absolutely amazing! If you haven't seen it, look
it up! At sunset, it is like no other.
     I love all the love, and I love all my family. Thank you so much
for all the support! A mission is tough, but when our purposes align
with the Lord's it gets a lot easier. But, I could never do it without
my family! It is because I have come to realize the importance of
eternal families that I decided to serve a mission. I will work my
hardest to make you proud! I am already proud of my family. You are
all such an inspiration to me! Keep me up to date with home life and
let me know how everyone is doing! I love you all so much!

~Elder Sadler















Popular posts from this blog

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...