Skip to main content

The First 12 Weeks🏆🇯🇵(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝ (Week 91)

Well, here we are, sitting in our apartment on p-day with a fresh haircut, writing emails as a typhoon rolls over. Can’t remember if I mentioned it in last weeks email, but we got transfer calls and as fortune would have it, I was transferred to this the promised land of Hachioji. It was sad to say bye to Yamato, but I have heard the legends about Hachioji over the course of my whole mission, and now I have finally been blessed to serve here. So far, the legends have been holding up! I’ve been here like half a week and we’ve already had two shokuji’s, we’re working with an awesome recent convert who got baptized like the week before I came here, and there are people everywhere to talk to. The area is great, the members are awesome, and I am excited to get to work.

My new comp is none other then the great Elder Gill, hailing all the way from Northern Ireland. We are currently serving as the zone leaders in the Machida West zone which happens to include the beautiful area of Kofu. Now if you take our entire mission and draw a line right down the middle, the left half is Kofu. We have a lot of area to cover and our schedule is already looking pretty full. We’ve got some great missionaries and I am excited to work with them.

Lastly, as any modern missionary well knows, during the first 12 weeks in the field young missionaries go through what is called the 12 weeks training. So here I am, last 12 weeks in the field and what I decided to do (shoutout to Brad-dad) is go through the 12 weeks training program again and see if I can’t become a little bit more effective servant in the Lord’s hands. This is the Lord’s work. There’s no way I could or would do this if I were on my own. So hopefully we can learn to work a little harder and little more in the Lord’s way.

Things are going great and I’m loving it here in the promised land of Hachioji. Hopefully I’ll have a good story to tell next week! Until then, have a good one! 愛しています.

Elder Sadler
 
Last Sunday in Yamato 
 
Last District Meeting
 
Elder Gill and the legendary Misu
 
One Year Ago!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart

On Saturday September 10th, 2016 Dylan was set apart as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by our stake president, Peter M. Johnson.  There were a lot of family members there and it was an exciting and emotional day.  

Temple P-Day (Week 32)

Note from Barry (catching up for last week): Dylan had a temple P-day this week and said he didn't have time to write an email, but he did send a quick note to His mother and I to let us know that he is doing fine and that he received the vitamins and supplements that we sent to help boost his immune system.  We also received a quick note from a retired American doctor who lives in Japan and serves as a medical consultant for the missionaries.  He said that Elder Sadler saw a doctor on Friday who specializes in Bell's palsy and that everything is progressing as normal.  He is taking an antiviral and some vitamin B. Thank you for your continued prayers. Here is a picture that another missionary's mother posted on Facebook this week:

Sunshine, Palm trees, and Freedom🌞🌴 (Week 42)

Hey everyone! I have actually zero time to write this week because we are going to Costco and shopping on base today. Way excited! Yesterday, we had interviews with president Warnick so p-day got moved to Tuesday. We will still have another temple p-day in two weeks though so two Tuesday p-days this transfer. Fun fun. Anyway, don't have time to write much but we took lots of pictures this week so they can tell the story. I love you all!!!!!! Btw, Happy 4th of July. I'm so glad I get to serve on Yokosuka base this 4th of July with some of the people who work so hard and sacrifice so much for our country. We are beyond blessed to live in such a wonderful country with the various freedoms we enjoy. I would encourage everyone to give that some thought. Never take it for granted. Happy 'Murica Day!  Zone p-day last week (Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee)  Housing by the bay We climbed the highest mountain, to the highest house, to the highest chamber, and there was ...